Poiminto vuodelta 2007

Mielenkiintoista keskustelua välineistä ja ammunnasta. Dan Perry esittelee vipuvarsijousiaan ja hyviä tuloksia. 310-320m selffarilaukauksia, siinä hyvä tavoite suomeenkin.

320 metriä ampunut rajoittamaton selffarijousi, hikkorilankusta:

I built the unlimited (64#) self bow in a low energy design. No reflex, and it has 1 1/2" or more of set. The outer limbs are narrow, but very thick. Tip mass in the last 8" of limb is easily twice what the 300 yard flight bow I gave in the PA artical is, or any of my reflex long bows. Lighter outer limbs and more energy storage give higher dry fire speeds in the same design. So if I have 2 longbows of the same design and tiller, If one has less mass at the tips it will have a faster dryfire speed. If it holds a better profile, storing more energy, it will have a faster dry fire speed.

This bow intentionally has heavy tips or outer limbs, has quite a bit of set, and stacks pretty bad the last 2 inches of draw. All of these slow the dryfire speed. I isolated this one design element so people wouldn’t confuse what was increasing dryfire speed. If I recurved it, or reflexed it, or came up with a way to lighten the tips, or used a good Yew, or Osage stave, There would have been people who would have insisted that one or all of these were responsible for the radical increase in performance!!! So I built a bow that otherwise would have only been an avaerage performing bow. 9" of non-working handel section, 13" lever tips. Over all length 62 inches 26 ounces total weight. Widest part of the working limb is 2 3/8".

1 tykkäys

Samaa ketjua lueskelin eilen…

Hitto… Mää en oo ollu tualla piiiiitkään aikaan…
Mikä mu salasana on? :smiley:

Taisi juuri liittyä sullakin tuoho PA:lla olleeseen kärkitaipuvuus-vääntöön.

There are many factors that contribute to a bow’s performance. I have been successful focusing on a few major concepts:

1. Bow design that will safely store more energy.
  2. Bow design that wastes less of the stored energy.

Juuri mitä myötisvarsijouselta haetaan, oli pakko sanoa, sori…

Otetaan 320 m henk.koht tavoitteeksi.

Joo, näinhän se oli. Hieman hassu keskustelu se, voinee jättää ihan omaan arvoonsa.

En ole lukenut alkuperäistä juttua, mutta muutama yleiskommentti:

• Jousen virityksen voima-siirtymä käyrä kuvaa täydellisesti käytetyn energian ja se on varastoitu jouseen ei kyllä aina kokonaan ulosotettavassa muodossa.

• Jousen ulos antama energia on mitattavissa nuolen nopeudesta ja massasta heti jänteestä irtoamisen jälkeen.

• Erotus on sitten se osa, jolla voidaan erilaisin tavoin tehdä jotain, mutta noiden kahden mittauksen kohdalla ei paljon mutua tarvita.

Nuolen läpäisikyky on sitten kokonaan oma ongelmansa kun sille puolelle mennään eikä suinkaan ihan yksinkertainen.