missä puutavara Helsingissä?

anteeksi mun suomenkielinen on paskaa. first time bow maker, looking for koivu to make my first bow. should i find felling (missä!) or just buy a straight board? onks koivu puutarva K-autassa vai muu rautakaupassa…?

En tiedä helsingistä, mutta aika läheltä ollaan ostettu: https://www.hakalanpuutukku.fi/

1 tykkäys

Nykyisillä bensanhinnoilla tulee ikävästi hintaa lankunpätkille, jotka pitää hakea edes 100 kilsan päästä.

Puutavaraliikkeitä tulee ja menee, toisin kuin Hakala, joten on turha meikäläisenkään muistella, mitä paikkoja oli Helsingissä 20 vuotta sitten.

Koivulankkua parempia jousimateriaaleja riittää, joten en keksi mitään syytä keskittyä koivuun, ellei juuri sitä ole paikallisesti ja kätevästi saatavilla ensikokeiluihin.

1 tykkäys

is Talvi bad season to search wild wood that has already fallen? is everything too damp and wet?

I did my first bows from oak boards. Something like this:

Salty price, I know.

1 tykkäys

after the holiday i can take a trip to Bauhaus in Espoo and see what hobby boards i can find with a straight grain. looking online at K Rauta everything is Mänty Kuusi Mänty Kuusi, thanks for the tip!

After you have cut the tree down you have to wait months, it will be dry. Its good to go cut it, but if you want to start working now you better buy some dry wood.

Stark in Herttoniemi sells hardwoods. The wood storage is opposite side of the street than the main building.
I also recommend to buy better bow wood than birch. There are many options like ash, white oak, red oak, elm etc. Another problem is to find and choose a proper straith grained plank.

2 tykkäystä

There is also a bow making course in Tikkurila. Registration starts next Tuesday 7.12, only few places available.

wow! kiitos this looks great

Myyn harrastevarstoni, laita privaa.

Sijainti Lähderanta.

1 tykkäys